Here we are boys and girls, Day 10. A Saturday. Let’s take advantage of the extra time.
I’m grateful for weekends. Man, I was just about done in. Been burning the candles at both ends of the stick! The first week of 75Hard is a grind. I’m hoping that the extra sleep will do my body good.
If you’re thinking about trying 75Hard yourself, here’s some advice: Take it seriously. This is a lot harder than it looks. Also, don’t do what I did. I figured, oh hell, this is no big deal. I can continue my extracurricular stuff (as well as work and living a life) and pile all this other shit on top of it. It don’t work that way, bro. Take it seriously. Pare your life down to the basics. Do your job, do your family commitments, and do the program. That will be plenty.
In retrospect, starting this program at the start of a marital separation, in the midst of being treated by a therapist, and right slap dab in the holiday Christmas season, probably wasn’t a good idea either. But you know, it just may have been brilliant. Only time will tell.
75Hard day 7 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN
Today’s weight: 200.0
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN,
Running total: 945 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
84..1 miles biked | 10.8 miles walked/jogged/ran | 1,516 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur book. WIN.
- Progress picture every day. WN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
The grieving process has been my assignment. I’m learning to let go.
I’m not quite at a point where I’m ready to look into the future relationship wise and maybe that’s a good thing.
I need to focus on right here, right now. I need to win the day. I need to stay focused on the program.
Any program will work. As long as you work the program.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to 2 Kings on the morning bike ride. Made it to 2 Kings 20. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. WIN.
I’ve determined that tomorrow we will begin our first marketing program for EXP. Free giveaway. Push to subscribe. Another free giveaway to get the subscription. We’re at 664 subscribers across the board as I type this–how’s that for transparency???–so we’ll be able to report right here whether it was a success or whether I fell on my ass. EXP has really suffered in December because of all the personal shit that’s been going on. And that was on the heels of finally getting some momentum in sales and page reads in November. I’m happy to finally be locked in. I hope that this portion of the overall project can get some much-needed attention.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing going into the coming year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. Appointment for a haircut is made. Get some house chores done: Swept the upstairs floors. Scrubbed the downstairs toilet. Sprayed for bugs. Vacuumed the living room. Cleaned out the pool and got the Polaris running. Shopped for groceries. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Make sure I’m subscribed to REAL AF. Clear out all other podcasts I’ve got. Make sure I’ve got room on my phone so that these can populate. WIN.
REAL AF is where Andy Frisella is today in his podcasts. I’m caught up at this point. Next week, Revisit MFCEO as necessary to back fill my morning commute education time on the road.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,817 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
FULL DISCLOSURE: This is the first day I’ve published where everything was NOT 100% done. I still have my writing chores and another bottle of water to get through. I’ve put away my cell phone. Put the TV with a football game on with the sound off. The writing WILL GET DONE. The water WILL BE FINISHED. Catch you cats tomorrow. –OU
Here we go…