Christmas Day 2019. A year ago to this day my spouse asked me for a divorce. It looks like we’re winding down toward nut-cutting time regarding that matter.
I’m grateful for my family. Three sons, two daughters-in-law, three grandchildren. And yes, I’m grateful for my wife. January 28 would make 37 years. That’s an accomplishment whether we figure out how to keep moving forward together or end this thing.
Be strong. Be supple. This is the best way to get through life.
The word Maven comes from the Yiddish, and it means one who accumulates knowledge.
In the Bible, Abraham is described as the father of faith. He was also a pimp, an idolator, and polygamous. That gives me hope.
75Hard day 11 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 198.2
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN
Running total: 1,485 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
126.3 miles biked | 17.0 miles walked/jogged/ran | 2,805 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur book. WIN.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
“Just because I tell you it’s against OSHA regulations, doesn’t mean I don’t care about you. It would upset me because you got hurt just as well as piss me off that you broke an OSHA regulation.”
“The car crash happened right in front of me. FUCK. That could have been me.”
“I have faced death before. It’s a part of me. FUCK DEATH.”
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to 1 Chronicles on the morning bike ride. Change of plans this morning. Since I don’t have the commute, I’m going to read a couple of chapters of 1 Chronicles and listen to MFCEO this morning on the bike ride. Made it to 2 Chronicles 1. That’s where we’ll pick up in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. WIN.
It’s time to publish a couple of books. This is the process:
Create ad copy.
Add back ad copy to back of book file.
Add text and cover. Check Chronological Order list before assigning number.
Claim asset as author owned after approval.
Upload image to author page.
Publish on emptynestman.com.
Read the issue free on Amazon.
Buy the issue (make sure the free read is registered first) on Amazon.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. The next two books will launch January 1 and January 8 of next year. More importantly, that completes this entire series of work. I’ve sent the whole package of 12 to an avid reader to review. Hopefully the reader will find worth in the project and give us some good reviews on Amazon.
First marketing program for EXP launched. Results
Day 1: 0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 7 Copies Given Away | 7 new subscribers to ENM.
Day 2: 0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 5 Copies Given Away | 34 new subscribers to ENM.
Day 3: 0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 4 Copies Given Away | 10 new subscribers to ENM.
Day 4: 0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 1 Copy Given Away | 2 new subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing going into the coming year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. REAL AF is caught up. Listen to MFCEO this morning. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,813 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
FULL DISCOSURE: I still have two bottles of water to drink, but since it’s 3 o’clock and I still have my meals to eat today, I feel confident that I will get my two bottles in. Plus, I hope to cobble together an extra post for you guys today–the first SCOREBOARD on The Journey. Fingers crossed I can get that pulled together for you by end of day.
Here we go…