We’ve made it to the weekend again, gang. An oasis of sorts. Don’t have to run out the door for work. Instead, we can focus on 75Hard and The LADDER TO THE TOP 7. Let’s get after it.
I crashed last night at 11. Didn’t move until 8:30 am this morning. I’m grateful for sleep. I know I’ve mentioned this before during The Journey but I cannot stress this enough. Should you decide to go down this path, do not underestimate the value of sleep.
I’m grateful for the time I got to spend with my sons last night at dinner. It was a good time. In the back of my mind I was afraid that if this divorce thing proceeds, that my kids wouldn’t have anything to do with me. I don’t think that’s the case now.
Be strong and courageous, and do the work.
God said he loved Jacob and hated Esau. There is DEFINITELY a pecking order.
If you can hold attention, you can educate.
People pay attention to what they understand. They turn away from what confuses them.
If you pay attention to the structure and format of your material, you can dramatically enhance stickiness.
75Hard day 14 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN
Today’s weight: 198.4
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN
Running total: 1,890 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
156.5 miles biked | 23.18 miles walked/jogged/ran | 3,496 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur book. WIN.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
So last night was one of those moments where life got in the way. Don’t get me wrong–I LOVED having dinner with and visiting with my sons, one of my daughters-in-law, and one of my granddaughters. That took precedence over everything else. But what that also meant was that I was outside last night in the mist and the cold getting my workout in at 8 o’clock. Followed by writing assignments and social media assignments. That’s the nature of this beast. Consider that before you take on this challenge yourself.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to 2 Chronicles on the morning bike ride. Made it to 2 Chronicles 29. That’s where we’ll pick up in the morning. Switched it up a little this morning. Without the commute, I read from 2 Chronicles. Will listen to MFCEO on the bike ride. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 994) WIN
Second marketing program for EXP begins today. Here are the results:
76 Pages Read | 2 Sales | 48 Copies Given Away | 36 new subscribers to ENM. Day 1.
Began an Instagram account: Nothing to report… yet.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing going into the coming year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. REAL AF is caught up. Listen to MFCEO this morning. WIN
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,810 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…