Here we are kids, Day 2. Day 2 is the final planning date. Things start rocking tomorrow.
The wife let me back in the house. She’s bunking in with one of our sons and his family until we figure out this whole separation thing.
One of my BHAGs is to be a man after God’s own heart. Only King David received such a title in the Bible. Not only was David a man after God’s own heart, he was also a murderer, rapist, and adulterer. That gives me hope. Maybe an addict could rise to just such a title as well.
Tomorrow begins 75Hard. More on that in a moment.
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head: I’m pumped, excited to begin this next chapter of life. I’ve been through a very dark period where compassion, love, and ministry left me and caused a great deal of suffering on my end and a great deal of pain with my loved ones because of my inability to show love during that time. That chapter, thank God, is over forever I hope. MOVING ON…
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Plan tomorrow. 75Hard starts tomorrow. The 5 chores that make up the 75Hard program will be the primary focus and cannot be missed for the next 75 days. Once these are accomplished, I can move on to the next 7 chores that will make my dreams come true. DONE
- The last day of drinking is today. No more alcohol for the next 75 days. Drink responsibly. DONE
- Pick a new book. Looks like Amazon didn’t come through with getting Malcolm Gladwell’s Tipping Point to me in time to start the 75Hard challenge. DONE
- Get the curated content for EmptyNestMan.com published. DONE
- Get in touch with the two guys who can help me move this forward exponentially. If they are willing to help, I have more hope that this can be accomplished. If they’re not willing to help, this project is still moving forward but will move slower. DONE
- Publish The Journey entry for today. DONE
- Pray. Pray for this Journey. Pray that I will be a changed man for the better because I had the guts to do this. DONE
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,825 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…