The magical day we’ve all been waiting for has arrived, kids. DAY 1. YEAR 1 OF A NEW DECADE.
“Same old me.”
Does that ring a bell? It doesn’t have to be that way. THINGS ARE CHANGING HERE. It’s slow. It’s sure. Think tortoise and the hare kind of shit. Nevertheless, it’s changing.
I’m changing. Hopefully, this community is embracing the possibility of change. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Until then, let’s continue The Journey…
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
– Melody Beattie
The Power of Context: We are more than just sensitive to changes in context. We’re exquisitely sensitive to them. And the kinds of contextual changes that are capable of tipping an epidemic are very different than we might ordinarily suspect.
The Power of Context: An epidemic can be reversed, can be tipped, by tinkering with the smallest details of the immediate environment.
75Hard day 18 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 197.0
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) (5).
Running total: 2,430 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
187.7 miles biked | 31.98 miles walked/jogged/ran | 5,498 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
Therapy tonight. I felt gutted like a fish after the last session with my therapist. I don’t ever think about this shit. I don’t ever retell my story. My sons have heard those stories one too many times. They say, “We’ve heard that one, dad.” Silence is golden.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Nehemiah on the morning bike ride. Made it to Nehemiah 13. We’ll begin there in the morning. Change of pace: Without the work commute, I’ll finish reading Nehemiah this morning and get Esther lined up to listen to in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 5,180). First draft completed. Tomorrow will be the first round of editing. Hope to get this ready to publish by January 15th. NOTE: This is the third manuscript I’ve finished since beginning this program. That’s more than I’ve ever done in a three-week period. This program has me locked in and focused on doing the things I have to do to be successful. WIN.
Second marketing program for ENXP continues today. Here are the results:
92 Pages Read | 2 Sales | 48 Copies Given Away | 36 new subscribers to ENM. Day 1.
0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 42 Copies Given Away | 18 new subscribers to ENM. Day 2.
0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 21 Copies Given Away | 5 new subscribers to ENM. Day 3.
0 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 9 Copies Given Away | 32 new subscribers to ENM. Day 4.
51 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 3 Copies Given Away | 11 new subscribers to ENM. Day 5.
As mentioned before earlier under this sub title, I’m locked in. I’ve ran these types of campaigns before but it was just for play–an experiment. Now, I’m serious. Now, I’m tracking results. Now, I’m looking at every result and trying to figure out better results. Along those lines, I’ve tried twice now to be recognized as an author on GoodReads.com but failed both times. I don’t know what I’m missing. For now, I’m shelving this potential opportunity and looking for more low-hanging fruit.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing going into the coming year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. It’s time for a REAL AF episode today. We will listen to MFCEO as filler upon completion. As mentioned before, this was accomplished on my bike ride rather than on my commute today. REAL AF is caught up at this point. Back to MFCEO for the commute tomorrow. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,806 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo