Day 27. Day 24 of #75HARD. The run last night was good. The bike ride this morning was solid. Twenty-four days in a row of exercise and I’m getting stronger. It makes me wonder about what is necessary for physical recovery between workouts.
“In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”
– Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The world–much as we want it to–does not accord with our intuition. This is the second lesson of the Tipping Point. Those who are successful at creating social epidemics do not just do what they think is right. They deliberately test their intuitions … To make sense of social epidemics, we must first understand that human communication has its own set of very unusual and counterintuitive rules.
What must underlie successful epidemics, in the end, is a bedrock belief that change is possible, that people can radically transform their behavior or beliefs in the face of the right kind of impetus. This, too, contradicts some of the most ingrained assumptions we hold about ourselves and each other. We like to think of ourselves as autonomous and inner-directed, that who we are and how we act is something permanently set by our genes and our temperament … To look closely at complex behaviors like smoking or suicide or crime is to appreciate how suggestible we are in the face of what we see and hear, and how acutely sensitive we are to even the smallest details of everyday life. That’s why social change is so volatile and so often inexplicable, because it is the nature of all of us to be volatile and inexplicable.
–Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point
75Hard day 24 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 195.0
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 3,240 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
250.8 miles biked | 41.19 miles walked/jogged/ran | 7,528 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
Expression is vital. I must learn to express or suffer the pains that come with depression.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Psalms on the morning bike ride. Pick up at Psalm 15. Made it to Psalm 37. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 0). WIN.
Third marketing program for ENXP continues today:
328 Pages Read | 1 Sales | 40 Copies Given Away | 55 new subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Caught up with REAL AF episode yesterday. Back to MFCEO to fill in this week for my bad-ass education. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,800 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo