Day 32. Day 29 of #75HARD. And so we begin week 5, team. It’s supposed to be 68 degrees and sunny this afternoon. Not bad for January 12… just sayin’…
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
Holding nothing back means holding the intention to be an open vessel, in a daily way.
I will hold nothing back in my effort to live. I will not hesitate to be.
When feeling urgent, you must slow down.
75Hard day 29 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 195.0
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 3,915 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
327.9 miles biked | 51.4 miles walked/jogged/ran | 9,263 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I’m fucking tired. But fucking tired 29 days into this mental toughness test, doesn’t mean what it used to be. Fucking tired used to mean I’d go get a drink (or 12) and veg for the day on the couch in front of the television. Now fucking tired means I’ll do another set, I’ll do another rep, I’ll bike for another 5 minutes, I’ll read a few more pages, I’ll write a few more paragraphs. In other words, FUCK fucking tired.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Psalms on the morning bike ride. Pick up at Psalm 128. Made it to Proverbs 29. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 2,996). WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 10 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 50K words.
Fourth marketing program for ENXP continues today:
564 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 74 Copies Given Away | 39 new subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO to fill in this week for my bad-ass education today. Catch up with REAL AF episode when it releases. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,795 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo