Day 34. Day 31 of #75HARD. More rain. The ground is completely saturated. That means more running on concrete tonight–that is if the thunderstorms will relent long enough to get out there. If not, we’ll need to improvise.
“The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.”
– Mary Davis
Who’s to say the effort to be real isn’t the beginning of wings?
“And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.”
Be strong and do the work.
75Hard day 31 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 195.8
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 4,175 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
350.7 miles biked | 55.46 miles walked/jogged/ran | 9,863 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I look back on what has been accomplished over the past month and I marvel. I was capable of that? I was always capable of that — unwilling to push myself. I will endeavor to push myself moving forward, looking for my own breaking point, reaching out for that breaking point, before reeling it in to refresh.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Song of Songs on the morning bike ride. Pick up at Song of Songs 2. Made it to Isaiah 9. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 3,267). WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 10 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 50K words.
Fourth marketing program for ENXP continues today:
966 Pages Read | 1 Sale | 161 Copies Given Away | 65 new subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO this morning for my bad-ass education today. Return to REAL AF when new episodes are available. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,793 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo