Day 36. Day 33 of #75HARD, boys and girls. I looked out at the weather forecast for the rest of January and I was chilled to the bone. What I thought was nasty–tepid, windy rain–is going to get replaced by COLD. I hate cold. No wonder January is the PERFECT month to train. If I can continue to train through the COLD, I have no doubt the mental toughness will only grow from here.
“The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.”
– William James
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished…
That’s taken from 1 Chronicles 28:20. Note that David said to Solomon that God would not fail him or forsake him UNTIL all the work of the project was completed. I wonder if that means that God sticks with us through a holy project and then things are back up in the air in our relationship. Just a thought.
…the Lord your God is gracious and compassionate. He will not turn his face from you if you return to him.
The nature of being is the constant erosion of what is not essential.
75Hard day 33 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 192.2
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 4,445 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
363.5 miles biked | 60.71 miles walked/jogged/ran | 11,211 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
So, in therapy last night, my guy challenged me to flesh out the BHAGs into a script, if you will, a narrative I can look at every day so that I can see the man I’m striving to become. It’s got to be written in the first person present so that I’ll map in mind that I AM what I am becoming. He says that will remap my brain so that all of my actions reflect my thought patterns. I think this will be a good thing. I think it will definitely be a step toward integrity. We’ll have to see where this leads.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Isaiah on the morning bike ride. Pick up at Isaiah 10. Made it to Isaiah 26. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 5,114). WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 10 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 50K words.
Fourth marketing program for ENXP continues today:
1,662 Pages Read | 4 Sales | 186 Copies Given Away | 88 new subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO this morning for my bad-ass education today. Return to REAL AF when new episodes are available. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,791 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo