Day 37. Day 34 of #75HARD, team. I’m feeling old and cold this morning. Got to snap out of it and get shit done! If I can get this one in my rear view mirror, I’m looking at only 41 more to go to finish #75HARD, Then a very well-deserved week or two off. Then we can REALLY GO TO WORK on the 90 Day Burn.
“Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.”
– Lionel Hampton
Love is like a puzzle. You can’t force something that doesn’t fit.
Understanding is like measurement. People just tend to eye it.
“May the Lord, who is good, pardon everyone who sets their heart on seeking God—the Lord, the God of their ancestors—even if they are not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary.”
75Hard day 34 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 192.0
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 4,580 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
363.5 miles biked | 63.86 miles walked/jogged/ran | 11,304 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I need to do my therapy-assigned writing chore this weekend. Etch out what I look like when I become the new me… as I become the new me… as I rewire this brain to become the new me. I wonder: will I miss the old me? Has the old me grown outdated? Has the old me passed his prime? I definitely need to be retooled to move forward — I absolutely know that. Switching metaphors from tools to snakes, I need to shed my old skin. Time to get acquainted with the guy, who, for all intents and purposes, I’ll finish this race with. Ah, the pitter-patter of the heart embracing very personal hellos and goodbyes to self…
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Isaiah on the morning bike ride. Pick up at Isaiah 26. Made it to Isaiah 27. Will pick up there in the morning. Did both workouts outside instead of the bike ride so I read a couple of chapters tonight. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 5,114). I finished the next vignette in the current series last night. Today will be round one of editing that serial component. WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 10 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 50K words.
Fourth marketing program for ENXP continues today:
1,958 Pages Read | 5 Sales | 199 Copies Given Away | 99 new subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO this morning for my bad-ass education today. Return to REAL AF when new episodes are available. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,790 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo