Day 39. Day 36 of #75HARD. We begin week six of #75HARD this week, guys. Week five ended with a bang–the 112 mile bike ride was quite the challenge. What will we do for an encore? I have no idea. The significant other texted me last night wanting to meet this week. That’s more than a full month earlier then when she said she wanted to meet. Something must be up. I’m–in the words of the apostle Paul–hoping for the best and planning for the worse. Here we go…
“Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seekers life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes.”
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.”
I have to be conscientious about being truthful and resist the urge to accommodate my truth away.
Being who I really am is not forbidden or muted just because others are uncomfortable or don’t want to hear it.
Know that you are larger than any moment of conflict.
75Hard day 36 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 192.6
RANT TIME: How do you do a 112-mile bike ride and manage to GAIN almost a pound? I’m pretty sure the calorie burn on my recumbent readout said I burned over 2,500 calories during that ride. No way in hell I ate 2,500 calories yesterday after that ride. FUCK IT. I’m just going to keep showing up. Drink my water. Eat sensibly. Do the workouts. Tomorrow’s weigh-in is another whole day away.
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 4,860 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
The push for today: Rowing. It’s the simulated winter workout for the swimming portion of the Triathlon Ironman. A good accompaniment to the bike ride yesterday. 1,000 reps.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
475.5 miles biked | 68.05 miles walked/jogged/ran | 12,379 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I crave sleep these days–necessary downtime. The chaotic pace I’m keeping, #75HARD, The 90-Day Burn, the stress of the broken primary relationship, the unknowing about that primary relationship. Yet, this morning, after the snooze was struck, there was no more sleeping to be had. I intentionally tried to break my body yesterday with that intense bike ride, and oh, I paid the price yesterday, but today, I feel renewed… practically spry. Ready to go again. I must keep in mind that the only things that I can impact, that I can change, are how I think, how I act, how I react. Others are out of my control. Situations are often out of my control. I must continue to think my way to the new me. I must continue to act my way to the new me. I must continue to breathe in the new me.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Jeremiah during the morning workout. Pick up at Jeremiah 16. Made it to Jeremiah 17. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
Rowing was too loud to effectively listen to this. Instead I read Jeremiah 16. Will pick up with audio again in the morning on the bike ride.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 10,981). Current vignette is ready to go through the publishing process. Surprisingly, I finished “Where I’m Going” last night. The words, very simply, poured out of me. Back to prepping E.D.F. for publication today. WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 9 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 45K words.
Eat, Drink, F*ck. And What Happens Next on the Hierarchy of Need. #3 How I Became A Lothario is set to release on Thursday, January 24, 2020. We will support that release by making issues #1 and #2 FREE on reddit.com.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO this morning for my bad-ass education today. Return to REAL AF when new episodes are available. Listen to next episode on the way to and from the grocery store today. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,788 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo