Day 41. Day 38 of #75HARD. Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the halfway point for #75HARD. After today is completed there will be fewer days to complete than what has already been completed. I can honestly say, this has been quite the chore. Was it smart to try and do my first session of The 90-Day Burn in tandem with this? NO. It was not. In fact, it was downright stupid of me. But here I am. Still standing. Still with more 90-Day Burn WIN days than losing days. And my God, this is a VICTORY folks–this is NO bullshit “moral” victory. I’ve gone out there every day and WON–for #75HARD, EVERY DAY (so far), and for the 90-Day Burn, every day except two. So pretty damn good, even if I say so myself. But enough about that crap. On with today’s show! After all, today is DAY 1!
“As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.”
– James E. Faust
When we believe in what no one else can see, we find we are each other. And all moments of living, no matter how difficult, come back into some central point where self and world are one, where light pours in and out at once. And once there, I realize — make real before me — that this moment, whatever it might be, is a fine moment to live and a fine moment to die.
Raw. Real. Relevant.
— Sean Whalen
Simplicity. Patience. Compassion.
What is not ex-pressed, is de-pressed.
75Hard day 38 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 192.2
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
- Running total: 5,130 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
499.4 miles biked | 72.02 miles walked/jogged/ran | 13,079 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I have an appointment to talk with the wife tonight. It’s been a good deal of time since I’ve seen her. What will she say? Will she have words of reconciliation or more words of damnation for our relationship? Either way, it’s out of my hands. All I can do is all I can do. Right now, I must focus on the water I drink. Focus on what goes into the body. What the body does in motion. What thoughts come into my head. What I record. What I breathe. What I breathe out.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Jeremiah during the morning workout. Pick up at Jeremiah 28. Made it to Jeremiah 35. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 576). WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 9 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 45K words.
Eat, Drink, F*ck. And What Happens Next on the Hierarchy of Need. #3 How I Became A Lothario is set to release on Thursday, January 23, 2020. We will support that release by making issues #1 and #2 FREE on reddit.com. #1 and #2 will run FREE on Amazon from 01.23-01.27.20.
Write in Real Time: I’ve been playing around with the idea of composing one of these vignettes live on ENM. I’m just starting this episode–I may launch this idea with this one. I will begin this tomorrow. Today, I’ll move everything I’ve got to the ENM platform and finish this vignette here.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO this morning for my bad-ass education today. Return to REAL AF when new episodes are available. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,786 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo