Day 44. Day 41 of #75HARD. Truth be told, I want a drink. I want to kick my tired-ass feet up in the recliner, turn on Netflix, sip a bourbon, and forget about life for a while. But that’s not in the cards today, boys and girls. I’ve got 35 more days of this shit to master. I’ve got 35 more days to finish this freakin’ boot camp from hell (thank you very much, Mr. Andy Frisella… asshat). And then… AND THEN I can finally get to work, locked in on the shit that matters most to me. Locking down hard on MY JOURNEY. On my goals. On my dreams. On the shit that makes me tick. On the shit that motivates me to get through the day. Until then, suck it up, buttercup. We’ve got another lovely day of #75HARD!!!
I’m thankful this morning for Mr. Andy Frisella. I went looking for a program to help me keep sober. Instead I found Andy. Motherfucker. So, now I’m sober. And now I’m on a mission. A mission to change and improve my life. On a mission to help you change and improve your life, if you’re so inclined. Andy’s working with the kids–he can have ’em. I don’t have the patience for them anymore. The people I want to work with are people my age. The cranky seniors who don’t give a shit. Well, at least you say you don’t give a shit. The truth is, you really do give a shit. You’ve just forgotten how. As we roll forward through #75HARD, seniors, I recommend you dial in. I’m gonna show you how to give a shit again. And I’m going to show you how to make your dreams come true by implementing the 90-Day Burn, or #90DB. By making my dreams come true. And I’m really very, very grateful for that opportunity. For me. For you.
What we carry deep within, if we live honestly, will inevitably be worn outwardly.
We break, bleed, and rearrange into yet another beautiful thing that learns how to reach. Resisting this process doubles our pain. Singing our way through it is the source of wisdom and beauty.
As long as you do not live totally in the body, you do not live totally in the Self.
75Hard day 41 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 192.6
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
- Running total: 5,535 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
521.3 miles biked | 79.8 miles walked/jogged/ran | 13,752 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go…
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I don’t wanna. I don’t wanna do shit. I don’t wanna workout. I don’t wanna read. I don’t wanna go to work. I don’t wanna deal with my friends, co-workers, or family. Damn, that felt good to just get it of my chest. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to Lamentations during the morning workout. Pick up at Lamentations 1. Made it to Ezekiel 8. Will pick up there in the morning. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. (Current word count: 576). WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 9 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 45K words.
Eat, Drink, F*ck. And What Happens Next on the Hierarchy of Need. #3 How I Became A Lothario is live now. We will support that release by making issues #1 and #2 FREE on reddit.com. #1 and #2 will run FREE on Amazon from 01.23-01.27.20.
Write in Real Time: This serial episode will be written here on the site. You can follow the progress at Writing Exercise.
What happened during this campaign:
415 Pages read | 0 Sales | 71 Copies given away | 18 New subscribers to ENM.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing this year will work. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Back to MFCEO this morning for my bad-ass education today. Return to REAL AF when new episodes are available. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,783 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo