I’m thankful to be alive this morning. I’m thankful to be fully engaged. It’s been a really long time since I’ve been able to say that. I feel whole again. It’s been a really long time since I’ve been able to say that. I’m ready to rock and roll…
We are rare, not perfect.
Simplicity is a jewel rarely found.
Life is simple. Life is hard. #LISLIH
Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
–George Bernard Shaw
75Hard day 43 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 190.6
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
- Running total: 5,805 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
570.7 miles biked | 84.53 miles walked/jogged/ran | 14,520 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go…
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
Decided to flush the toilet in the bathroom that I’m not using just to make sure it still works. It doesn’t. Leaked all over the place. That’s a repair. I have a feeling that’s just the beginning. Ah, life with a house. Looking forward to reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance again. I could really use a dose of what that book teaches in this new season.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone. GET USED TO DISCOMFORT and learn to thrive there:
#1: Take a few moments and visualize what you will look like when you arrive where you’re going. Today: I am a world-class athlete. WIN.
#2: Choose one of the Ironman disciplines this week and focus on getting better at it during the next 45 days. This week: Rowing (the winter simulation of the swim). The half Ironman distance: 1,908 rows. The full Ironman distance: 3,816 rows. These workouts will be used intermittently next week with the bike workouts. Goal is to get in four bike workouts and three rowing workouts. WIN.
#3: Research new ways to market our writing projects. WIN.
- Researched Freebooksy 01.26.2020. $110 to advertise a FREE promotion.
#4: Every workday, examine the Top 5 projects or exercises in place to take us to $100M. Make sure that all those Top 5 are still relevant and up to date. Make sure that I spend some time every day on at least 1 of those elements. Ensure that my team is focused on that Top 5 every day as well. On weekends, pray at least twice that God will grant success for this goal. WIN.
#5: Develop the mission statement for emptynestman.com. Begin publishing that mission statement on at least a weekly basis after the final is complete at the end of this current 90-Day Burn. Memorize the mission statement. Socialize the mission statement. Live, breath, eat, sleep, drink the mission statement. WIN.
The emptynestman.com mission statement. emptynestman.com exists to:
Excel as the marketing arm for EmptyNestXpress Publishing.
Document the journey, or odyssey, of Owen Ulysses Rasscalle as he attempts to live life soberly and achieve his Big, Fat, Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs).
Help others document their own journey–whether it be through #75Hard, the 90-Day Burn, sobriety, or some other vehicle–and achieve their own BHAGs.
Encourage sober living for all; to encourage achievement of goals; and to encourage healing of all types.
Fuel conversations about empty nest living, senior living, senior sex, religion, working out, writing, and craftsmanship.–OU Rasscalle
That’s where it stands today. We’ll see how it fleshes out over the course of the next 44 days.
01.26.20: Replaced previous emptynestman tag with our mission statement.
#6: Over the next 44 days of habit forming, identify one area of growth for this goal of being the best man, father, and grandfather I can be, and implement the pursuit and track that area of growth here. WIN.
- I will establish a fund for the children and the grandchildren. I will donate to this fund on a regular basis. I will share this fund with them at the end of the year. I will pray daily that the Lord bless me with the revenue to make this significant.
- I will establish a fund to pay off the house. I will donate to this fund on a regular basis. My goal is to pay off the house this year. This asset will benefit my children and grandchildren. I will pray daily that the Lord bless me with enough income to make this happen.
- I will pray for my children and my grandchildren daily.
#7: Continue to work toward bad-ass. Identify a new voice, a new attitude to incorporate into my morning ritual of podcast and incorporate that voice on a regular basis. Intersperse these teachings with Andy Frisella’s MFCEO and REAL AF. WIN.
- I have identified Lewis Howes as another voice. I will begin to follow his School of Greatness podcasts this week.
- I have identified Shawn Stevenson as another voice. I will begin to follow his The Model Health Show podcasts this week.
NEWLY FORMED DAILY HABITS TO PRACTICE:
Daily, listen to or read the Bible. Listen: Ezekiel 21-36. Read: Matthew 1-2. WIN.
Daily, workout twice. two-a-day #75HARD workouts. WIN.
Daily, write. Write on the current book. (Current word count: 2,546). WIN.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 9 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 45K words.
Eat, Drink, F*ck. And What Happens Next on the Hierarchy of Need. #3 How I Became A Lothario is live. We support the release by making issues #1 and #2 FREE on reddit.com. #1 and #2 run FREE on Amazon from 01.23-01.27.20.
What happened during this campaign:
676 Pages read | 0 Sales | 83 Copies given away | 56 New subscribers to ENM.
Daily, pray. Pray for the success of the concepts and programs implemented to take the primary company to $100M. Pray for the success of the concepts and programs implemented that affect every one of our primary goals. WIN.
Daily, publish the cultivated articles and continue to cultivate Twitter followers. Remember: This is a social exercise. Engage. Add to the conversation. Create value. Create Value. CREATE VALUE. WIN.
Daily, pray. Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. Pray for my ongoing growth in these areas of life. Listen to my heart. Lean into the Spirit’s leading. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. THE DAILY HABITS TO SUCCESS were completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,781 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo