Day 52. Day 49 of #75HARD. Focus on the basics. Get the shit that needs to get done first completed. Then worry about the rest.
I’m grateful that as I go deeper into this maze, as things on the outside seem more complicated, as the puzzle of myself and my soul become clearer before me, simplicity calls out. Get the main shit done. Let the rest fall as it falls. Live with it.
“‘When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden. For three years you are to consider it forbidden; it must not be eaten. In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the Lord your God.
I’ve put this nugget to the test over the last five years. I’ve let the fruit tree of publishing lay fallow; have not eaten its fruit; have allowed it to grow on its own without messing with it after putting the initial seeds in the ground. The fourth year has just about to reach it’s end. It’s time to take the fruit and make an offering of praise. Then the fifth year begins. Time to eat! In this way your harvest will be increased. Let’s see what that looks like.
75Hard day 49 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 192.8
After flirting with 190 last weekend and seeing the scale do nothing but go up since then, I’m kind of pissed off about this. It may be time to monkey with the workouts.
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
- Running total: 6,615 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
599.9 miles biked | 99.03 miles walked/jogged/ran | 18,438 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur or improvement book. WIN.
The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
- Progress picture every day. WIN.
Here ya go…
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
I’m looking toward February as a breakthrough month. I’m praying and hoping that’s true. #75HARD wraps this month if I stay the course. The first 90-Day Burn wraps by mid-March. Technically, the hard work will be behind us. But then again, the harder work waits ahead. I must lock in on the wisdom of this morning, the simplicity of it. Get the important shit done. Let the rest fall out as it is supposed to. God grant me the wisdom to know the difference between what shit needs to get done and what shit is to be left to fall out as it may.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone. GET USED TO DISCOMFORT and learn to thrive there:
#1: Take a few moments and visualize what you will look like when you arrive where you’re going. Today: I am a man after God’s own heart. WIN.
#2: Ironman disciplines for the next 45 days: WIN.
01.27.20: 1,008 rows
01.28.20: 12.5 miles biked
01.29.20: 1,080 rows
01.30.20: 11.9 miles biked
01.31.20: BRICKS: 555 rows | 5.2 miles biked | 2.31 miles ran
02.01.20: Gave biking and rowing a break today. 4.27 miles ran.
#3: Research new ways to market our writing projects. WIN.
Take a look at Amazon ads today. It begins:
#4: Every workday, examine the Top 5 projects or exercises in place to take us to $100M. Make sure that all those Top 5 are still relevant and up to date. Make sure that I spend some time every day on at least 1 of those elements. Ensure that my team is focused on that Top 5 every day as well. On weekends, pray at least twice that God will grant success for this goal. WIN.
#5: Develop the mission statement for emptynestman.com. Begin publishing that mission statement on at least a weekly basis after the final is complete at the end of this current 90-Day Burn. Memorize the mission statement. Socialize the mission statement. Live, breath, eat, sleep, drink the mission statement. WIN.
ENM Mission Statement. emptynestman.com exists to:
- Excel as the marketing arm for EmptyNestXpress Publishing (ENXP).
- Document the journey, or odyssey, of Owen Ulysses Rasscalle as he attempts to live life soberly and achieve his Big, Fat, Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs).
- Help others document their own journey–whether it be through #75Hard, the 90-Day Burn, sobriety, or some other vehicle–and achieve their own BHAGs.
- Encourage sober living for all; to encourage achievement of goals; and to encourage healing of all types.
- Fuel conversations about empty nest living, senior living, senior sex, religion, working out, writing, seniors in the workplace, and craftsmanship.
#6: Over the next 40 days of habit forming, identify one area of growth for this goal of being the best man, father, and grandfather I can be, and implement the pursuit and track that area of growth here. WIN.
- A fund for the children and the grandchildren is established. Donate to this fund on a regular basis. Funds will be shared with them at the end of the year. Pray daily for the revenue to make this significant.
- A fund to pay off the house is established. Donate to this fund on a regular basis. The goal is to pay off the house this year. This asset will benefit the children and grandchildren. Pray daily for enough revenue to make this happen.
- Pray for the children and grandchildren daily.
NEWLY FORMED DAILY HABITS TO PRACTICE:
Daily, listen to or read the Bible. Listen: Daniel 8. Read: Matthew 7. WIN.
Daily, workout twice. two-a-day #75HARD workouts. WIN.
Daily, write. Write on the current book. (Current word count: 5,130). WIN.
Deconstructed–or should I say reconstructed–E.D.F. today. Wanted to see how it held together. It does. Quite well.
The infrastructure and notes are in place to write the next 8 serials in the EAT. DRINK. F*CK. Series. That will be my focus until it’s done–about 40K words.
The next marketing campaign: Super Bowl Sex. It’s timely. The Super Bowl is this weekend. Let’s see if this older piece still has some staying power. The campaign will run from 01.30-02.03.20 on Amazon and on Reddit.
546 Pages Read | 0 Sales | 44 Copies Given Away | 38 New ENM Subscribers
Daily, pray. Pray for the success of the concepts and programs implemented to take the primary company to $100M. Pray for the success of the concepts and programs implemented that affect every one of our primary goals. WIN.
Daily, publish the cultivated articles and continue to cultivate Twitter followers. Remember: This is a social exercise. Engage. Add to the conversation. Create value. Create Value. CREATE VALUE. WIN.
Daily, pray. Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. Pray for my ongoing growth in these areas of life. Listen to my heart. Lean into the Spirit’s leading. WIN.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. THE DAILY HABITS TO SUCCESS were completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,775 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…
We’re live on Instagram now. Look for these hastags: #enm, #emptynestman, #ogceo