Here we are boys and girls, Day 8. We move forward, but mournfully.
I’m grateful to make it to day 5 of the 75Hard Challenge. This morning I’m reminded that there is more to life than just creating change in my own life.
“Tell him: ‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’” –1 Kings 20:11
I’m putting on my armor. That means I should humbly go about my business, get my fighting done, then I can talk.
The bike ride this morning finally peeled back a little bit. I’m tired. Feeling the first 4 days.
75Hard day 5 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 200.6
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 675 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
62..6 miles biked | 8.91 miles walked/jogged/ran | 1,181 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur book. WIN.
Solomon Business Degree
The first book is finished. Moving on to Gladwell’s Tipping Point tomorrow.
- Progress picture every day. WIN
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head: The therapist informed me last night that my marriage was irrevocably broken. The best I could hope for was a Version 2.0 that would look very different than the first marriage. Well fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck. Part of the grieving without alcohol training. That’s my assignment until next time we meet: grieving over the loss of my first marriage.
I’m sitting here writing this shit for someone other than myself and I want that someone to know that you don’t always work and write from a happy place. Sometimes it really sucks and you have to keep moving. It’s early. I’m tired. I’m sick. I’m mournful. The fucking fire alarm won’t keep beeping and I can’t do a fucking thing about it right now because we’re all out of 9 volt batteries. So I sit, I churn–while the fucking fire alarm just won’t stop chirping at me like some fucking crazed electronic bird–I do the fucking thing I set out to do but what I want to do is sit in the fucking dust and ashes, blow my fucking snotty nose, cry out to God, and mourn. Mourn for a 36-year marriage that’s getting shit canned. If I can do this shit in this type of misery, you can too. I don’t know where the fuck you are in your walk/run in this life this morning, but I know that others are out here too grinding it out. And sometimes we grind it out in the not of best of times. Get after it.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to 1 Kings on the morning bike ride. WIN.
Got through 2 Kings 2 today. Moving on through 2 Kings tomorrow.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. WIN.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing going into the coming year will work. Continue new additions to website. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. Get some house chores done. CHANGED OUT THE MOTHERFUCKING 9 VOLTS IN THE CHIRPING FIRE ALARMS!!! WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Begin REAL AF podcasts on drive times today. WIN.
REAL AF is where Andy Frisella is today in his podcasts. I’m jumping forward and will revisit MFCEO as necessary to back fill my morning commute education time on the road.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,819 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…