Here we are boys and girls, Day 9. Let’s grind it into the weekend.
In this season of learning how to grieve without alcohol, I am reminded of one of Solomon’s proverbs: better a living dog than a dead lion. I am alive. I am surviving. I am getting better. But I am not anything near where I want to be yet. Lord, teach me to have mercy on myself. Teach me to grind it out.
The bike ride this morning wasn’t as good as yesterday. In this season of training without rest, I wonder if my mileage will look something like a sine wave. It’s as though I am riding up and down mountains.
Epidemic. Virus. Viral. Spread the word. Why the hell does a 55-year-old guy, steeped deep in addiction and in the middle of a separation start doing 75Hard? Because he wants to change. He wants to be sober. Then he wants to do the next right thing. 75Hard is the catalyst for the change. That catalyst could be anything for him or for her–the commitment to exercising. The commitment to read from a book every day. The determination to do one good thing every day. What we’re talking about is change. Change a man and you move a mountain. Change a woman and you turn the tide. One at a time we have the ability to change the world and it starts right here, right now, with me. Are you next?
The name given to that one dramatic moment in an epidemic when everything can change all at once is the Tipping Point.
75Hard day 6 today.
- Diet. Zero cheat meals. Zero alcohol. WIN.
Today’s weight: 199.8
- 8 bottles of water (gallon) WIN.
Running total: 810 ounces
- 45-minute AM Workout. WIN.
45-minute PM Workout Outside. WIN.
73..0 miles biked | 10.8 miles walked/jogged/ran | 1,516 weight reps
- Read 10 pages of a non-fiction entrepreneur book. WIN.
- Progress picture every day. WIN
Here ya go:
Listening to and reporting on the talk inside of my head:
Obviously, I’m thinking about change this morning.
For the better.
To create the best version of me.
To go out into the world, with the time I have left, and to put my best foot forward.
The best me.
I will have done the best I could do with the best I have to work with.
I will change me.
Then I will change the world.
SELF-SUGGESTION: THIS IS WHERE I’M GOING. WHERE IS THE PROOF OF PROGRESS TOWARD THAT GOAL TODAY? This is where the rubber hits the road, team. This is the good stuff. These are the end goals. This is what it’s all about.
- I am a man after God’s own heart.
- I am a world-class athlete.
- I drive a world-class $100M publishing business.
- I help drive the company I work for to $100M.
- emptynestman.com is the marketing machine that drives the $100M publishing company.
- I am the best man, father, and grandfather I can be.
- I am one bad-ass motherfucker.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 to complete TODAY. Get out of the comfort zone:
- Continue listening to 2 Kings on the morning bike ride. WIN.
- Work my ass off with both the AM and the PM workout. WIN.
- Write on the current book. WIN.
- Pray to God that the concepts and programs we’re implementing going into the coming year will work. Continue new additions to website. WIN.
- Publish the curated articles. Continue to cultivate Twitter followers. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will rise up and be the best man, father, and grandfather I can be. Get some house chores done. Scrubbed the upstairs toilets. WIN.
- Pray to God that I will be bad-ass. Continue REAL AF podcasts on drive times today. WIN.
REAL AF is where Andy Frisella is today in his podcasts. I’m jumping forward and will revisit MFCEO as necessary to back fill my morning commute education time on the road.
The LADDER TO THE TOP 7 was completed today. Today is a WIN.
THIS IS THE REALITY: 1,818 days until my journey is complete. Will I make it?
Here we go…